The Committee of Management of the Australian hand Therapy Association (AHTA) acknowledges that members may be affected by events or special circumstances that are beyond their control and that may place them in a position of hardship, financial or otherwise. Occasionally, members’ individual circumstances may affect their ability to pay their membership fees when due.
The AHTA wants to ensure that members can maintain their membership during times of hardship so that they can continue to access services, insights, and support and be able to bounce back once things get back on track. The Committee of Management recognises that a policy that considers special circumstances will provide relief and guidelines to our valued members.
The Australian Hand Therapy Association (AHTA) will consider any application for hardship due to special circumstances.
To apply for special circumstances, please choose the option below that is most appropriate to you:
- Contact the Executive Support Manager (Operations), Sarah Dixon, in confidence. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 9778 9070; or
- Contact the President via email email@example.com or a member of the Committee of Management known to you or the Chief Executive Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8776 1861 or mobile 0414 412 306;
- Complete the form below.
Special circumstances may affect a member’s ability to pay membership fees by the due date. Such circumstances may include, for example:
- sudden and unexpected events, such as natural disaster, family illness, COVID-19;
- changes in personal circumstances, such as loss of employment or financial difficulty.
Options for varying the policy relating to membership fees may include
- 60 days fee-free period (deferral)
- Payment plans - fee instalments: four per annum (3 monthly), two per annum (6 monthly).
If these options are not helpful or satisfactory to you, we invite you to suggest an alternative. The AHTA may require you to provide supporting documentation. Click here to download the Special Circumstances Policy
The AHTA will not store a record of the individual details of your application. It will only record that you have applied, whether you have been approved, and the approved arrangement. Once assessed and recorded on your membership record the individual application will be securely destroyed.
If you are experiencing significant mental and/ or financial stress, there are people who can help.
Emergency numbers include:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- National Debt Helpline: 1800 007 007
AHTA Application Form - Special Circumstances