Regional and Remote Grants
The purpose of the Regional & Remote Grants are to foster accessible education for members living in regional and remote areas.
These grants provide support for the cost of registration to all AHTA courses and events up to the value of $750 and are not available for costs associated with travel, accommodation, and the time taken to attend.
In return for receiving an AHTA Regional & Remote Professional Development Grant the applicant is obligated to contribute to the AHTA newsletter by submitting a report. The grant will be executed on receipt of a Reimbursement Form and the Newsletter Report.
- be a Member or Associate member of the AHTA for a minimum of three years before applying
- permanently reside in a regional or remote relocation as per the ASGC classification
- be available to attend the selected AHTA course or event
- demonstrate how attending the selected course or event would assist them in their career and ongoing professional development
- not have received an AHTA Rural and Remote Grant within a 3-year period
- not have received funding from another body for the selected course or event.
All applications for grants open on 1 July and close on 15 August each year and must be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
Grants will not be made when funds are not available, or applications do not meet the essential criteria. In addition, if reports are not of a sufficiently high standard.
Download the Application Form here.