It is part of the Australian Hand Therapy Associations (AHTA) vision to foster accessible education for its members. The AHTA Management Committee is aware of the difficulties in accessing professional development activities experienced by therapists who reside in regional and remote areas of Australia, including the costs associated with travel, accommodation, and the time taken to attend.
For this reason, the AHTA in partnership with Performance Health offer grants to eligible applicants for attendance at approved AHTA Educational Activities each year, these are:
AHTA core courses
AHTA one off courses / electives
AHTA National Conference
The value of each Grant is AUD$750 to be used towards the cost of attending one of the educational activities above. Grant funds will be paid into the recipients nominated bank account upon proof of registration to the course.
How to apply
This Grant is open to applicants from across Australia who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Member or Associate member of the AHTA
- Permanently reside in a regional or remote relocation as per the ASGC classification
- Be available to attend the selected AHTA course
- Demonstrate how attending the selected course would assist them in their career and ongoing professional development
- Not have received an AHTA Regional and Remote Grant within a 3-year period
- Not have received funding from another body for the selected course
Grant applications open in December for the following year. Interested applicants can complete the AHTA Rural &Remote Grant Brief and application form and submit it along with any attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for funding, applicants must submit their application by no later than the specified due date.