Letter of recommendation should include:
- Statement that the person recommends you for AHT Membership
- How long you have known each other?
- How you have demonstrated an interest in hand theapy? and any additional information you feel is relevant to relevant to your application.
Most members renewal fees are due on either the 31st December or the 30 June, if you are using our 6 monthly payment option. However, if you joined after July 2010, your membership fees are due on the anniversary date of your approval by the Membership Secretary. For eg, If your membership was approved on the 21st October, this is the date your fees will be due each year. You can of course take up the 6 monthly option after your first full year of membership.
I would like to register for an AHTA Course but I would also like to apply for membership, should I register first to secure a spot?
No- the application process for Associate membership of the AHTA has been streamlined and if all the criteria for application are met, we should have your application through within a couple of days. Once your membership fees have been paid and your application has been finalised, you would be eligible to register for a course as an Associate.
A huge 6 CPD hours are allocated to the presenter!
As per the current By-Laws:
3.1.1 Eligibility (AHT)
10. Maternity leave: Allowance for clinical hours with an extension of up to 1 year per child with written proof of leave may be granted on request.
The maternity leave provisions relate to clinical hours only.
ie. The 3600 clinical hours could be worked over 6 years (rather than 5), if an extension was sought, but the courses (and the mentorship) would have to have been completed within the 5 years preceding the application.
The AHTA Office is based in Western Australia and operates Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 3:00pm.
Please leave an email or telephone message at any other time and they will be dealt with as soon as possible. (please be aware of time difference if contacting by telephone)
To join the AHTA Google Group, please email our Communications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred email address for notifications and your request to join the group. Once we have checked your membership status, we will approve your request and send you a welcome email with group guidelines and how to post a thread.
In order to gain full access you are required to enter a username and password in the top right hand corner of the website.
Please contact the office at email@example.com or telephone: 08 9778 9070 for details (Associate/AHTs only)
This is the process you need for accessing the Science Direct journals:
- Log in to and enter the members only section.
- Notice on left hand side that you now have subheading for Science Direct. Click on that.
- You can then click on any of the links for journals (this will take you to the Science Direct Web page)
- Head to the top right of the Science Direct website, you'll notice you have guest access only which allows you a summary of the journals, click login button.
- Enter username: Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 08 9778 9070 for details
Login in to Members only section of the AHTA website, select EBSCO and enter your initial search in the search bos, then click search
AHTA reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event. If this occurs all monies will be refunded to the registrant. Should a registrant be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is always welcome and should contact the AHTA Office. A refund (less 30% to cover the administration costs) will be given for a written cancellation received 10 working days prior to the event. Cancellation after this will be ineligible for a refund.
All registrants will be notified in writing by e-mail to confirm a place or to advise if their name has been placed on a waiting list for each seminar/workshop. If a registrant has not received this confirmation 7 days prior to the seminar please contact our Events Coordinator (email@example.com). If an event is cancelled, all registrants will be notified either by phone or e-mail.
You can access the AHTA Webinars from our website by following these steps:
- Login to the members only area of the website.
Click on 'Resources & Media'