A clinician must have:
- A minimum of three years equivalent full-time experience post-graduation as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
- Current AHTA Associate Membership
- A minimum 3600 hours’ clinical hand therapy experience within the maximum time frame of the last five years
- Engaged in a range of learning activities per the AHT guidelines within the maximum time frame of the last five years.
- Submitted evidence of completion of the learning activities as per the guidelines to the Credentialing Council
- Taken part in a 12-month mentorship program as per the guidelines.
- Been recommended for the title of AHTA Accredited Hand Therapist by the Credentialing Council of the AHTA and approved by the Board.
- Paid the application fee at the commencement of the mentorship period.
An Educator must have:
- An appointment to the teaching staff of an Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy school at an Australian university.
- Shown evidence that the primary focus (50%) of his/her educational practice is related (teaching, research, or clinical practice) to the management of upper extremity conditions.
- Shown evidence of equal contributing authorship of a publication in a peer-reviewed journal in the past 2 years, directly related to the management of upper extremity conditions.
- Been recommended for the title of AHTA Accredited Hand Therapist by the Credentialing Council and approved by the Board.
- Paid the application fee at the commencement of the assessment period.