The Australian Hand Therapy Association's Education Cancellation Policy is your point of reference should unforseen circumstances prohibit you from attending a course you have enrolled in or in the unlikely event that the AHTA needs to cancel or move a course.
Please review this document prior to making your course booking. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com
AHTA Education Cancellation Policy
The Australian Hand Therapy Association (AHTA) is committed to providing high-quality workshops to its participants. We understand that on occasions participants will have to cancel their place on the workshop, or situations may arise that prevent workshops from going ahead. The following policy is intended to provide guidelines to be followed if a single participant cancels their place in a workshop, or in the event of an entire workshop requiring cancellation.
Participant cancellation of a workshop place
- Participants are required to inform the AHTA in writing of their need to cancel their place in a workshop a minimum of 10 working days prior to the workshop. Upon written notification of participant cancellation, the AHTA Executive Support Manager (Operations) will refund the workshop fees less 30% plus the cost of any supplied texts (electronic material will not incur a charge).
- Cancellation within 10 working days of the workshop will not be eligible for a refund.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome and you should contact the AHTA office with details of this substitution. If the substitute is not an AHTA member, the non-member fee will apply and extra payment is due.
- In the event of participant illness, a medical certificate along with a written refund request can be submitted to the AHTA. Each case will be assessed individually. Any refund will be subject to a 30% cancellation fee plus the cost of any supplied texts (electronic material will not incur a charge).
The AHTA strives to provide an excellent level of education to its members. The cancellation of a course is a matter taken very seriously and is avoided where possible. Should an irrecoverable situation occur that warrants the cancellation of a workshop (for example, course running costs not covered due to small participant numbers) the following is applicable:
- AHTA reserves the right to cancel, postpone and/or change the location of any event. If this occurs, workshop registration fees will be refunded in full to each registered participant.
- In the event of a workshop cancellation, postponement, or location change, registered participants have the option to transfer registration credit to another AHTA workshop.
- AHTA is not liable for any costs associated with airfares or accommodation. The AHTA recommends that delegates consider travel insurance and booking flexible flights and accommodation.
- If an event is cancelled all registered participants will be notified either by email, phone or mail.
- All registrants will be notified in writing or by phone/e-mail to confirm a workshop place. If you have not received this confirmation 3 weeks prior to the workshop please contact the AHTA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reviewed and updated May 2018