Please complete this form to provide feedback to the AHTA or a notification of an incident or concern about:
- The activities of the Association
- A Volunteer, Executive or Staff Member of the Association (including Contractors)
- A Member of the Association
- A Stakeholder, Partner or other individual or organisation affiliated with the Association
The AHTA can not take action on complaints that refer to:
- Professional misconduct (this information should be forwarded directly to AHPRA or the appropriate registering board) https://www.ahpra.gov.au/Notifications/Raise-a-concern.aspx
- The Therapist/Patient Relationship including treatment, compensation, records management/release and legal proceedings
- Complaints or concerns that pertain to issues outside the scope of Hand Therapy Practice (concerns of this nature should be directed to OT Australia, the APA, AHPRA or other Professional Association, Registration Board or Government Department)
The AHTA will however consider a course of action based on notifications and findings from the appropriate Registration Board or Government Department.
Before you complete this form:
- Please ensure you are familiar with the AHTA Code of Conduct, we will not respond to feedback that is disrespectful or contains expletives or other offensive language. Please ensure all correspondence is professional in nature and is in line with the AHTA Code of Conduct.
- The Management Committee (MC) can only make a decision based on the information it has. For this reason, it is important that you provide all the information you can about what happened, so the MC can make an informed decision about what to do next.
- For the purpose of the feedback process, the Association is not an advocate for you or for our volunteers and employees. Our job is to find out what happened, to make a decision about whether the person has failed to meet the required standards and to take any action needed.
Privacy and Confidentiality
The Association is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. The ways the Association may collect, use and disclose your information are set out in the AHTA Privacy Statement here: https://www.ahta.com.au/site/privacy
We will not share your contact details with the person named in your feedback or notification, or with experts that we ask to help us manage your feedback or notification, without your express written permission.
Importantly, we will share the details of your feedback or notification with the person named. We might also need to share these details with third parties, such as experts that we need assistance from to assess or investigate your feedback or notification.
By submitting this form, you confirm that you have read the AHTA Privacy Statement.