Complaints & Feedback
Please complete this form to provide feedback or a notification of an incident or concern about:
· the activities of the association
· a volunteer or member of staff of the association (including contractors)
· a member of the association
· a stakeholder, partner or other individual or organisation affiliated with the association.
The AHTA cannot act on complaints that refer to:
- Professional misconduct (this information should be forwarded directly to AHPRA or the appropriate registering board) https://www.ahpra.gov.au/Notifications/Raise-a-concern.aspx
- The Therapist/Patient Relationship including treatment, compensation, records management/release and legal proceedings
- Complaints or concerns that pertain to issues outside the scope of hand therapy practice (concerns of this nature should be directed to OT Australia, the APA, AHPRA or other professional association, registration board or Government department.
The AHTA will however consider a course of action based on notifications and findings from the appropriate registration board or Government department.
Before you complete this form:
- We will not respond to feedback or a complaint that is disrespectful or contains expletives or offensive language
- It is important that you provide all the information you can
- The Board of Directors will consider the information and determine whether action is required
- When reviewing feedback/notifications, we consider whether there has been a failure to meets standards set by the association only, the AHTA does not have the power to make decisions outside the scope of the association.
Privacy and confidentiality
The association is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We will not share your contact details with the person named in your feedback or notification, or with experts that we ask to help us manage your feedback or notification, without your express written permission.
Importantly, we will share the details of your feedback or notification with the person named. We might also need to share these details with third parties, such as experts that we need assistance from to assess or investigate your feedback or notification.